Friday, March 30, 2007

Super Metroid - In Maridia after acquiring Gravity Suit

The "wrecked ship" portion of the game, which I just went through was neat, though flawed. The concept is that the power is out when you go there, so the map and save point don't work. Once you find and beat the boss, the power goes on and new places open up to you and you can save and get a map. Before that, you have to figure out where the boss is. It isn't too hard, but it also isn't obvious. I was slightly annoyed in having to search for it.

I think my main problem is that I second guess myself. When an area seems like the one you are supposed to go to, it generally is. That is the genious of Super Metroid - it can be played non-linear, but there are plenty enough clues to nudge you in the right direction. Twice, for me, when something wasn't obvious in an area, I went back to all the other possible areas.

No comments: