Saturday, January 6, 2007

One month in

So I'm approximately one month from the time that I started this journal. I guess now is the time to reflect on that time.

Really, my only thought is that it has succeeded in its goal: getting me to stick with games. I have, so far, finished four games that I was on the crux of beating. I was currently playing Soul Blazer, so it isn't like it inspired me to play that more, but it did make sure I go back to Cybernator, Fear Effect 2, and Astro Boy: Omega Factor. I also got back to Metal Gear Solid 3 which was a game I had been totally stuck on a little over six months ago and I hadn't gone back to since.

In this time, I also got a hankerin' to play my beloved NES and so I played and beat a fairly easy, but enjoyable game in Vice: Project Doom.

Anyway, I'm really pumped that I've been inspired to get by game backlog out of the way. Once I'm done with Metal Gear Solid 3, I think that puts my backlog down to three games: Phantasy Star II, Lost in Blue, and Super Punch Out.

That probably means Lost in Blue should be my next focus after Metal Gear Solid 3 because I don't like having multiple outstanding games for one system. After that, I should probably finish up Contact or Fire Emblem. Then, finally I will feel more managable.

No comments: