Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - Acquired the Wind Element

I am making this post, but I really don't have much more to say about the game than I said in my last one. You kind of know what to expect in a portable Zelda game and that's what you get here. It is well done, but it isn't amazing.

The wind palace up in the clouds definitely gave me one of my hardest times in the game, but part of that was me being stupid. For a long time, I just blocked on what the items in my inventory would do to get me past a certain area. And then in another part, I just completely could not see the solution to a puzzle. The solution was new and novel, so I give myself some slack since I never had to do it before, but it must have taken me a half hour of going back and forth through the level before I figured it out.

The kinstone system remains one of my favorite parts of the game. Tingle has told me I have five left to fuse, but unfortunately I don't see where those would be. I guess part of this game involves going back through previous areas and using new techniques or items, but I really feel like I have been everywhere and just have no clue where the remaining five could be if they aren't in Hyrule Castle.

No comments: