Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Defeated The Fury

I cannot tell you how many tries it took me to defeat this guy. I had put this game on hiatus last May when, after trying for several days, I could not beat him. Of course, I was playing the game on hard, but still. It was just getting frustrating because I could get him down to about 1/4 health but then no further. No other fight previously in the game was as difficult for me.

A lot of the games I have been playing recently are about boss fights. The Metal Gear Solid series basically took boss fights into the third dimension and did it quite well. Still, there is a difference between the 2D and 3D boss fights. Metal Gear Solid boss fights seem more organic. That is, it feels more like you are fighting something with some intelligence than fighting something that has a pattern. This is, of course, not true, but I think that with three dimension to move in, the pattern may be less noticable. Or maybe there is just more randomness in the movements in Metal Gear Solid boss battles.

I do so enjoy this series. It's like the perfect blend of action and story, even if it can be out there. I am so relieved to be done and past it.

No comments: