Friday, December 29, 2006

Contact - Rizo Island

The more I play Contact, the less it enchants me and the more I'm finding it pretty average. It's a shame, because I want to like it. It's quirky! Quirky games must automatically be better than normal ones! Alas, this is not the case. The suit-changing mechanic is probably the best of the quirkiness, and I do enjoy picking the right suit for the right occasion. Otherwise, the cooking and decals are merely okay. I'll grant that I probably don't use the super-decals as much as I should. Maybe I'll try that.

I finally got the fisher king costume so now I can fish. A friend of mine recently commented on fishing in video games and this is one of those cases where it doesn't quite live up to expectations. It's okay, but I'm not loving it. Perhaps I just need to level up my fishing skill a bit so I can catch some big ones.

I did love the video game worlds in Habara. Moving around in the early-mid 80s style arcade games was pretty cool.

And what's up with the professor acting like I'm about to be at the final level? Is the game really that short? I mean, I guess the grinding I'll have to do to earn the 10,000 gold to buy the song will lengthen it...

No comments: